Over and Under the Pond: (Environment and Ecology Books for Kids, Nature Books, Children's Oceanography Books, Animal Books for Kids)
Is this book about a real woman in STEAM?
A secret underwater world brought to life: In this book, readers will discover the plants and animals that make up the rich, interconnected ecosystem of a mountain pond. Over the pond, the water is a mirror, reflecting the sky. But under the water is a hidden world of minnows darting, beavers diving, and tadpoles growing. These secrets and many others are waiting to be discovered.over and under the pond.
• An entertaining and educational look at the beauty the ecosystem has to offer. Stunning illustrations paired with an easy-to-follow storyline make this a great read for any early elementary school student
• Includes a glossary of animals that live in, near, and around the mountain pond to enrich the reading experience
• Inspires a love of nature and encourages young minds to explore the world around them
A gorgeous companion to the acclaimed Over and Under the Snow and Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt, Over and Under the Pond is an excellent addition to any emerging readers collection.
• Great read-aloud book for families and classrooms
• Books for kids ages 5-8
• Early elementary school books
• Books for grades 1-2
Christopher Silas Neal
5 - 8 years
Girls Love STEAM Review:
Additional Reader & Professional Reviews:
"Playful and lovely to read aloud. Even older budding naturalists will find something to enjoy here."
-- School Library Journal
"A contemplative journey through an ecosystem."
-- USA Today
*Store prices may vary.
Want to add your own review?
Click our survey links below and let us know what you think of this book!
For ages 12 and under
Parent Permission Required
For ages 13-17
For ages 18 & Above