Code Like a Girl: Rad Tech Projects and Practical Tips
Is this book about a real woman in STEAM?
Welcome to Code Like a Girl, where you'll get started on the adventure of coding with cool projects and step-by-step tips, from the co-author of the bestselling The Daring Book for Girls.
Coding is about creativity, self-expression, and telling your story. It's solving problems and being curious, building things, making the world a better place, and creating a future. It's about you: whoever you are, wherever you're at, whatever you want.
Nearly everything you encounter on a screen is made from code. You see, with code you can have an idea and put it into action: it's your voice and your vision. From the outside, tech and code may seem puzzling and mysterious, but when you get through the door and past the first few beginner steps and your code starts to work, it feels like magic.
In this book, you'll learn how to:
- Code with Scratch--projects like making a dog walk through the park, sending your friend a card, and devising a full-scoring game!
- Build your own computer--really!
- Create your own digital fortune-teller, with the Python language.
- Make your own smartphone gloves.
- Make light-up bracelets.
- Code a motion sensor that tells you when someone enters your room.
- And lots more!
Knopf Books for Young Readers
Girls Love STEAM Review:
Additional Reader & Professional Reviews:
*Store prices may vary.
Want to add your own review?
Click our survey links below and let us know what you think of this book!
For ages 12 and under
Parent Permission Required
For ages 13-17
For ages 18 & Above